Blame it on the Wife

I thought that we lost our laptop for good. My little one was messing with its keyboard while she was sitting on my lap. Due to her dynamic energy and excitement to play with the gadget, she accidentally knocked off the cup beside it and the water spilled on some parts of the keyboard. I panicked, grabbed a dry towel and wiped it. The power was turning on and off, and a minute later, it died down. I tried a lot of times to turn it on, but every attempt was unsuccessful. This laptop is probably broken, "forever," I thought.
I felt terrible. I was angry—at the baby. After taking a deep breath and thought of what happened, I acknowledged to myself that my daughter is SO MUCH more important than any electronic. Why should I be mad? Besides, if we examine the situation, I was to be blamed. I was the one who put the cup beside the laptop. I am the adult. I knew better. All I could do was hug her tight.

When the husband got home, the wife greeted him in the garage with the bad news. Not a sensible way to greet your husband while he just came home from work, tired. He was afraid that we lost all the data in the hard drive after checking the computer. We could only hope that we can retrieve everything we have saved. We're just glad that we still have another PC. It's very slow, but at least, it should help us connect with family and friends online. I can still watch my Filipino shows.

He asked me if I expected him to get mad. He seldom gets mad. Most of the time, he only gets mad when I don't talk to him specially when there's a problem. With this situation, I didn't expect him to get mad. More of disappointment. He never showed signs of anger or disappointment at all. He remained calm and composed. But I knew somewhere inside, he's disappointed. Everything he needed for his MP3 are saved in the laptop. His MP3 makes him entertained in his boring day at work, so, it is very important. All our pictures, videos, documents, are stored in it. We generally use the laptop with all our online activities. Buying a new one is impossible.

This morning he woke me up with a "guess what" question. He's able to turn on the laptop! That was a great news. Thankfully, everything we saved in the hard drive is intact. I am happy that we are able to use the PC again. God is great for fixing the problem that I caused.

Lesson learned:
  1. Do not put a cup of water/beverage beside the laptop.
  2. Do not meet your husband (who just came home from work) with a "bad news." Wait until he's able to relax and spend a good time with you.
2 Responses
  1. sollwriterr Says:

    Whew! That was a relief, Riz. I thought your laptop was gone for good.


  2. Riza Says:

    A relief indeed! Pirte ra bang mahala ug magpalit ug bag-o, unya walay budget :D