Post Valentine Treat: Thai Foot Massage

My sweet husband took me to a Thai Foot massage parlor last night. The place was my choice. It's located at Mekong Plaza. I wanted to try and see if I will like it. I was the only customer when we arrived, probably around 6:30. When I told the receptionist that I am pregnant, she was kind of surprised and had to make sure it's okay for me to get a massage. So she called her manager. I also told her that my OB said it's okay for me to get massage.

I thought that I would only be getting a full hour foot massage. But nope. The name of the parlor is a little bit misleading—Thai Foot Massage. What would you think if you were me? I was informed that the full hour involves a 30 minute foot massage and 30 minute body massage. And because I am pregnant, I couldn't lay on my tummy during back massage. They do not have a specialized bed for pregnant women.

The place was cozy and dim. It's a public massage place. Beds were probably 2 feet away from each other, and therefore you will see other customers having massage too. It's something not to worry about because unlike other massage parlors, you don't have to take off your clothes.

My first time to have a man massage me. I personally prefer same gender as mine to give me massage (well of course except my husband), but last night I decided to give it a try. It wasn't bad at all. I liked soaking my feet in warm water while he massaged my head, neck, and shoulders. I also liked the heating pad on my lower back which I think helped release the muscle tension, as well as the heating pad on my nape. It was a nice feeling. I expected more pressure during the foot massage. I am used to foot reflexology where they use a special tool to apply enough poking. Thai foot massage I had last night was very light. My favorite one was the back massage. I wished I was laying down, then it would be more satisfying and relaxing. Overall, it was a nice experience. Made me sleepy after.

Whether or not I will go back in the place? Maybe after pregnancy. But I still prefer a massage with clothes off (not with a masseur though) :). Direct flesh contact with the masseuse's hands is more effective than being massage with clothes rubbing against the skin. I hope to also find a place where I can get foot reflexology.

Thanks to my hubby for the nice treat!
3 Responses
  1. Jen Says:

    You have to be very careful about foot massages when you are pregnant because there are certain pressure points that can put you in to labor. Thus why yours was probably so light.


  2. Riza Says:

    That's what I thought too! I didn't know there's danger to foot massage. Ryan gives me foot massage often. Need to be careful next time. Thanks Jen!


  3. Jen Says:

    Glad you were able to spend some time for your self!!! Massages are the best, especially when you're pregnant!! :o)