10-Year Green Card is Here

Four months after submitting my application to the USCIS to remove my 2-year conditional residency status, I have finally received my 10-year green card today. Yay for that! I am most thankful that it didn't get lost in the mail like what happened to my first green card. We had to pay another $350 to get a replacement. It sucks, but we couldn't do anything about it. It's a very important document that I have to have.

My application process was so smooth. I never encountered any problem with the documents (evidence) that we sent and the biometrics that I took months back. We really didn't provide that much evidence of relationship (that my husband and I still live together) except for our joint tax info, bank account statement, 3-4 family pictures, and our daughter's birth certificate. It's very comforting to know that we didn't get an RFE (request for evidence) which will delay the process and approval.

Next step would be my application for naturalization. It would be another document preparation but the end of $$$$ fees and immigration application and appointments. Hopefully, it would be as smooth-sailing as this one.
1 Response