Have You Ever Had an Open-Faced Omelet?

Well, we had just this morning. Actually, my original plan was to make an omelet. BUT, I am not a master egg omelet cook. I do not know how to flip the egg from the pan like Gordon Ramsay or Bobby Flay. What I did, I used a wide spatula to turn over the other side. BUT, it didn't help at all. The egg was ripped into pieces. I grumbled with so much frustration that caught my husband's attention. I didn't want to finish cooking the dish. I was drowned with my disappointment to myself for not being able to prepare something so simple for breakfast. However, my hero came to the rescue. He came not to save my plan of making a "real" omelet, but to save my blowing fuse. He tenderly said that we can just pour the supposed-to-be-filling on top and leave it open. He finished what I started and it came out as an open-faced omelet. :)

I am quite thankful that in times of my negativity, my partner is there to help me recover. I don't know why I made it such a big deal of perfecting the dish and got so disappointed when I failed. And you know what? The dish turned out really good.

"I think I'll buy more eggs for you to practice," he joked.
0 Responses