Swimming Pool: Our Summer Escapade


It was nice of Aunt Pam and Uncle Tim to invite us in their place last Saturday to try their newly renovated swimming pool. My husband, daughter, and in-laws packed our swimming gears, responding excitedly to the invitation. Who doesn't want to plunge in the pool during summertime in Arizona? Well, my family does. It's a great summer escapade for people like me who lives in a state with scorching heat at dry, hot season.

Their swimming pool is big—with a depth of up to 10 feet high. The water's temperature was perfect that day! For someone like me who barely knows how to swim, I stay in the shallow part, except with the help of a floatie. I'm so glad that they've got this giant octopus floatie which gave me the guts to paddle my legs and arms to the deepest part. 
Evie and her grandparents had a great time together in the pool. This is the first time that we had gone out with them for an outdoor activity. I love them. They are very nice, caring, supportive and loving people.
Her Nanny taught her how to swim. It felt wonderful watching them having a great time. Mom laughed everytime Evie did a silly thing—splashing the water or putting her feet on her face. Everytime she did the latter, her Nanny said that they are not doing synchronize swimming. :)
We had steak and salad for dinner. I was so full that I had to go back to the pool right after we eat to get the food in my stomach digested quickly :D. We had ice cream for dessert and Evie had her ice cream biscuit for the first time. Aunt Pam was thoughtful and nice enough to buy her ice cream that doesn't have dairy ingredient. She ate it as fast as a lightning!
Mom, Aunt Pam, and Evie

 Dad, Uncle Tim, Evie, Ryan

Because of how much fun and enjoyment we had, we forgot the time. It was already 9 at night when we started to pack our things to head home. We were there for 5 hours straight! After we reached home, we were all knocked out. It was tiring, but a great, fun, summer escapade.
0 Responses