I Lost My Engagement Ring, But...

Picture I took of my ring after I got it from my (then) fiance.

I freaked out this morning when I found out that my right pinky no longer had my engagement ring on it. Did it slip while I washed the baby's bottles? Did it glide while we had shower? I went to and fro the kitchen sink and the shower room. I couldn't find it! I needed my husband's help to find it. He needed to know that I lost it.

While waiting for him to come out from the bathroom, I wondered if my pinky had gotten smaller for my ring. I did not think so. You may wonder why I had it on my pinky instead of my ring finger. We'll blame it on the weight gain after pregnancy, and blame it on me for not doing an effort to lose extra pounds.

Anyway, I immediately informed my husband with an upset face about what happened. I told him of the places where I could have possibly lost it. He looked. The ring was nowhere to be found. Then, he went through the bed and checked the baby's towel. There it was! My ring! My precious engagement ring!

His theory was, it must have slipped from my finger while I was putting lotion on the baby. I never noticed it but I agreed with him. I was so happy to recover it. Thanks to my hero who happened to be the man who gave me the ring three years ago.
0 Responses