Actor Jackie Chan Dead is a Hoax

I was shocked on a link posted by one of my friends on Facebook this morning saying actor Jackie Chan is dead! Really? Part of me wanted to believe because it's from a friend anyway so it could be true. But my instinct was telling me to confirm it first. Besides, if it's true that Jackie Chan is dead, why is the news not on Yahoo front page. After all, he is not only famous in Asia, but also the United States, and even the world. The daily news and current affair show that I was watching this morning didn't even mention anything about it. So, doing a personal investigation was the answer. Google of course! Where else can I find the truth of the news? Thank goodness I found out that the story is absolute hoax! Why would people do such a terrible thing to someone?

This news saying Jackie Chan died due to a heart failure actually spread like a wildfire around the net world. Awesome (I'm being sarcastic here)! Well, if you are a Jackie Chan fan (like me), the report is not true. His Facebook page dated March 29, 2011 states "Jackie is alive and well. He did not suffer a heart attack and die, as was reported on many social networking sites and in online news reports." The wall post added that he's busy filming for his next movie.

In this crazy world we live in at present time, false reports like this is getting more like a typical scenario. It's not funny at all. But at the same time, there are just people who do nothing but create a scam that many would believe. So, we better verify the authenticity of the news first before concluding.

As for my friend who "like" the said link, she responded to my comment and said that she didn't know how she ended up liking the link when she knew it's a hoax. Maybe she pressed the wrong button or something freaky is going on in Facebook. I give her the benefit of the doubt. After all, I'm glad that Jackie Chan is alive and kicking. Peace!
0 Responses