How to Make Baked Asian Style Chicken Wing Drumettes

Garlic Chicken Wing Drumettes

Who doesn't love chicken wings? I myself is a big fan of chicken wings and I am quite glad I found a delicious Asian recipe for chicken wings that everyone in my family loves. This version of chicken wings recipe is healthier because instead of deep-frying the wings, you bake it. My daughter loves the flavor of this garlic chicken wings. She couldn't help but dig her mouth into each wing she gets. For a rough total of $7.00, I was able to make yummiest Asian chicken wings that's good for two adults and one toddler. :)

You notice that the ones on the pictures are not the whole chicken wings. It's because I prefer smaller size of wings, so I chose the wing drumettes instead. However, you can always use the whole chicken wings as suggested in the recipe. Below is what you need:

12 chicken wings                                  1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp vegetable oil                               1 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 tsps soy sauce                                   1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup ketchup                                   1 tbsp sugar

Cooking instructions:
  1. Cut the chicken wings at the joints to make 3 pieces.
  2. In a small bowl, mix well all the ingredients, except the chicken. Pour in the chicken and marinate 1 to 2 hours. Tip: Marinating it overnight allow the wings to absorb the marinade seasoning making it more flavorful.
  3. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
  4. Bake for 40 minutes in a shallow roasting pan. Use foil for easy cleaning. Turn over 3 to 4 times each wing while baking. Tip: Break the 40-minute cooking time to 10 minutes each when turning over the chicken wings. I like my wings caramelized on top, but it's up to you if you want yours a little bit dark brown or not.




Source of this recipe is from the "Everyday Chinese Cooking" cookbook.
0 Responses