My eBay Anniversary

I didn't realize that it's been a year now from the time I started to use eBay. Well, thanks to eBay for the reminder. It is very much appreciated, specially that I tend to forget dates so easily (perhaps due to aging, he he). I started as a buyer, and at present, I am more of a seller than a buyer. I am not a big time seller though. Please don't assume too much.

I am thankful that eBay allows me to rekindle my passion for buying and (re)selling stuff. My earliest memory of doing "buy and sell" business was when I was in Grade 3. I was 9 years old then. I sold various stuff to my classmates in school. I can still remember the things I used to sell them. I sold candies with toys in each package. The most popular ones in my little business were pictures of famous celebrities back home: Snooky Serna, Albert Martinez, Sharon Cuneta, Gabby Concepcion, Julie Vega, to name a few. I do not think my classmates knew where to get those. If they did, they can actually get each picture at a much cheaper price. But, I was the one doing the buy and sell business. Of course, I had to make a profit.

My Mom is someone who's really good in the "buy and sell" business. I was given the privilege to witness her for few years. It's her passion. Perhaps I got the passion from her. Or could it be in the blood? I don't know. But it seems like, with what I am doing right now, I am treading in the same footsteps. Mine is very basic though. It's not big time. But I am happy with it. It keeps me busy and happy as a stay-at-home Mom.

Speaking of profit? That is always expected in a business. However with me, profit doesn't have to be too much, or else, no one will buy your merchandise. Besides, there are disadvantages too with selling on eBay—the FEES (not to mention the shipping fee). So, everything have to be balanced. Thankfully, things are running smoothly with me, my buyers, and eBay. But I wish (just wish) they will lower the fees. I know that this is impossible. We'll see. I still have hopes about the issue.

Anyhow, I can't believe it's been a year already. Until how long will I be on eBay? Maybe longer because my passion is there.
0 Responses