Julie & Julia + GI Joe

He surprised me by asking if I wanted to see a movie few minutes after he reached home from work. We usually don't go out Friday evenings. Well I thought, "that's a good idea!" I was a little bored at home, so watching a movie would be nice.

I wanted to bring cheeze balls. It's one of the junk foods I had been craving lately. However, I realized that food from outside the movie theater is not allowed. So, I asked if it's ok to put it in my purse. He suggested that I should only bring a small amount and put it in a zip lock plastic bag. But I wanted to take with me half of the pack and assured him that I will use a bigger purse so that it will not look too bulky. There was a little bit of disagreement that I decided to put back the half bag of cheez balls back in the pantry. Because of that "little sulking" reaction from me, he finally gave up and let me do what I wanted.

Dropped by at McDonalds and got french fries and burgers. Carrying a big purse to a theater which does not allow food from outside is an advantage. Then, you can stock all the junkies you want to eat inside while watching a movie as long as it does not look too bulky and obvious :)

Julie and Julia was a good movie. I actually looked forward to watch the movie since my husband and I love to cook, and the movie is an inspiration specially that it's a true story. There were funny, amusing scenes that made us laugh. There were also dramatic moments that made my emotion kind of down. Overall, we enjoyed the movie. We got home around midnight, stayed awake for 30 minutes and settled down to bed.

I woke up around 7 this morning. Two hours earlier than the usual. I got up, went to the bathroom, and later decided to sneak to the living room to check emails and forum responses. I tried not to make some noises because I didn't want to wake him up. Just the perfect time I finished checking emails and other online stuff, I heard him moving in the bedroom. I hurriedly went back and lay down on his side, we snuggled, and tried to get another hour of sleep. Woke up late 8 and made sweet love. Went to the shower, dressed, and head to Jeepney Bistro (a Filipino restaurant) and had lunch. We ordered the food that he likes, but he only ate a few bites. The last time he had that food, he had a stomach upset. So, was kinda cautious.

After lunch, he took me to Krispie Kreme and showed me how they made doughnuts. It was so cool watching those raised circles floating on the oil and how the machine does all the works: from frying, to drying, and glazing. I tried glazed and sugar coated. The glazed one is too sweet for me. I prefer Dunkin Donut's glazed instead.

We reached Harkin's Theater in Superstition Springs 30 minutes earlier from the time GI Joe started. I thought he will not watch this movie because he was not showing any interest at all when trailers were shown on the TV. He thought it's a bit too different from the original GI Joe stories he grew up with. He collects a lot of GI Joe toys, had a bunch of DVDs, and comics.

I fell asleep during the previews. I was too sleepy since I woke up so early, but when the movie started, my eyes were wide open. Besides, Evie was doing a lot of crazy moves again :) I like the GI Joe story than Transformers. The movie effects were really cool. To conclude, he commented that it was "ok" and felt like he was watching a GI Joe cartoon in live action. I asked him some questions about the story and was surprised that most of the stories on the movie were not consistent with the original. But all in all, we had a good time together.
0 Responses