Missing My Friends

So, I had the opportunity tonight to watch the old videos my good friends and I took during our choir practices. Those were one of the greatest and most memorable memories of my life. I am quite grateful that we were able to preserve those happy, fun, good laughter we shared together. It feels so good to recollect the memories I had with these great, loving individuals. But, it also feels so painful missing them. I feel my heart tightened. I terribly miss them. I missed the deafening laughter that an ordinary tease can do. I missed the Sunday morning preparations to serve the church mass. I missed singing with the choir. I missed the planned and unplanned outings. I missed the endless nights of practices or just the simple joy that some conversation bring. I missed singing Christmas carols on people's houses. I missed sleeping at Lovely and Moises' place together with the rest. I missed birthday celebrations, preparing yummy food, and of course the eating part. And oh my...I missed karaoke pastimes. There are still a LOT of things I can think of that I missed sharing and spending with them. But the one I missed the most is the treasured friendship bonded in love, trust, and acceptance. Actually, we were more of a one family than friends.

Well, we had times of misunderstanding and of reconciliation. We had times of defeat and of triumphs. We had times of like giving up and of standing up again to continue the journey. We had times of chaos and of serenity. We shared so much of our hearts and time for each other.

On the funny side, I can't believe how slim I was on those videos :). That made me laugh a lot because it's the opposite of my physical appearance at present. Seeing how my body was like gives me a motivation to lose weight. That's a good thing.

In my lifetime, there are not much friendship I considered very special. Only a few, and my friends I left in Cebu are on the top of the list. Months before my departure, I kept asking myself if will I be able to find and build the kind of friendship I had with them. I do not know. I think I have been dodging myself from people who can be possible good friends. I have problems with myself and of the language and culture I am currently in. And yet, I am still hopeful.

My heart yearns to see my friends again. It will take a while until the longing is satisfied. But, my heart can wait, for it is worth it. Always and forever, they are my family... and yes, they are my friends.



0 Responses