Making Siopao

I love siopao (steamed pork bun) and missed it a lot. It's available in Red Ribbon Arizona Mills, but I don't have the luxury of time and transportation to go there just to buy siopao. So, today I decided to make it my own.

I got the siopao recipe from the Panlasang Pinoy website. I first saw the video demonstration on YouTube and was inspired to make it. The ingredients are very common and the preparation looked so doable.


I decided to use just half of the ingredients' measurement listed on the website. Mainly because, 5 cups of flour would too much for me to eat. The dough turned out good, but I think it needed more kneading to make it firmer.


Wrapping the filling was the hardest challenge. Even if there's a video on how to do it, I still had a hard time following the demonstration. A few were wrapped better, but the rest looked terrible. I also added a wedge of boiled egg on the filling for each siopao. It enhanced the flavor. 
The end product was very tasty. It's the taste that I had been wanting to achieve and successfully got it. I was able to make 12 pieces. Obviously, I will not be able to eat it all even if my husband will ask for his share. So, the leftovers will be stocked in the freezer. And when I want some to snack on, all I need to do is reheat it, either through a steam or microwave, wrapping it in a damp paper towel.


If you're interested to make siopao, I suggest that you visit the website mentioned. All the ingredients and instructions are there. Lastly, I want to thank Panlasang Pinoy for their generosity to share how to make popular Filipino food. Will surely visit the website from time to time and cook some.
0 Responses