Hospitalized Mother

This week was a little bit rough for me. My mother was admitted in the hospital due to beriberi and hypertension. I was informed that she started to not feeling well for 2 weeks before she decided to get admitted. She told me that her neck and legs were swelling, had a terrible headache, dizzy, and feverish.

It's hard when you're far away from home and one of your family members is caught in this kind of situation. All I can do is call to know her health developments. This is one of the days I wished I have a job. At least, even if I am not physically present and be there to take good care of her, my financial support to pay medical bills and other expenses can suffice what I have missed. However, I can only send whatever amount of cash I have in hand. Thankfully, I was able to send a small amount of money that could help them in a small way to lessen the burden of financial needs.

I was also very happy that my brothers transfered her to a better hospital in Zamboanga City where they don't have to pay, except if the prescription or any medical need is not available in the hospital. My mom is a Philhealth member, so she was able to avail the medical benefits as a member. I still have to find out if they actually have to pay or not.

The last time that I knew about, my mom had already came back home. I wasn't able to talk to her on the phone yesterday because of some phone card connection problem. Hopefully tonight I'd be able to and find out the details of her health.

My family and friends' prayers contributed a lot in her speed recovery. It's a priceless thing that I appreciate so much from people who care about me and the people I care. Thank you Lord for my mother's healing!
0 Responses