One Year Supply of Rice

Our daughter checking her supply of rice.

It was so amusing to watch my husband dragging a huge sack of rice he got from Costco last night. It's not the size we normally get. I thought, he decided to get the bigger one because my daughter and me consume a lot of rice. Actually, it's more of my daughter than me. In my almost 3 years here in the U.S., I have gotten used to not eat rice everyday. In my daughter's case, rice is already her daily staple (except when she's sick and appetite is low).

So, my dearest husband bought 50 lbs of Thai Jasmine rice. I joked by telling him that he got is a one year supply of rice. He chuckled and replied, "it means we should eat rice more often." We just laughed at each other. He said that 50 lbs is the only available size at Costco that's why it's what he took at home. I do not know how long will we be able to eat the 50 lbs of rice. Could be 8 months to a year. It's also a good thing he bought the bigger one because bigger means cheaper. Besides, I couldn't complain the quality of the Jasmine rice brand he got. It's the brand that I like. Since we have so much rice in the pantry right now, I hope our Evie won't get bored eating rice. :)
0 Responses