Dress a Girl Around the World: A Success

It's quite fulfilling to be able to do something for other people specially for children in impoverished countries. Last Friday's "Dress a Girl Around the World" event was successful. The Davidson Center in our church was packed with women getting together for one purpose: make dresses for little girls living in poor countries. Some volunteered to iron, others sew, several found joy cutting the cloths, many showcase their creativity in the accessorizing groups, while me and my other friends settled in the pinning area. Everyone was busy, smiling, laughing, talking, and teaching others how to do their chosen task.

Our target number of dress to make for the night was 200. But it looked like we only made half of the goal. When we left, there were still a bunch of dresses that were halfway done. I think that one of the problems was, there's not enough people in the sewing group. If only I had used a sewing machine lately, I could have volunteered. But it's been so long since the last time I touched and used a sewing machine. I didn't have the confidence I needed to volunteer in the group. Nonetheless, we still made a lot of dresses that little girls will get to wear. I wish I could see their happy faces as they receive one and see how beautiful they look on it. Kudos to all the women who participated in the project!




0 Responses