Buried Treasure: My New Favorite TV Show

Lately, (we) I had been watching TV shows which deal about "old" things that play significant roles in history. Shows like American Pickers and Pawn Stars. These shows do not only feature vintage/antique stuff, but also the value (in $) of such things. I am fascinated by the history and how much a very small item could sell to thousands of dollars. So every Monday night, I do not missed to watch these shows (as long as the episodes are new).

This week on Wednesday, Buried Treasure premiered on Fox. Even before the show started, I was already excited just watching the promotion of the new show. This is my kind of show. Antiques, vintage, old stuff, and the equivalent value of each item based on its history, its origin. Listening to the history of a thing is quite mesmerizing. It never fails to tickle my prying curiosity. I can't believe that I love history this much when in fact I didn't like it when I was in school because I had to memorize a lot of things. My memory bank is zero. Now that's kind of exaggeration. Let's just say, if a memory bank is made of gigabytes, out of 100 I only have 1. But now that I am getting older (and memory getting worse), my discovery of liking history is a little bit surprising...and exciting.

Of course, I didn't miss watching Buried Treasure on the premiere night (with my husband). I was surprised that it was more than I expected. The show does not only feature things of my interest, but at the same time, trying to help families in financial crisis dig money from the "buried treasures" in their homes. Who would have thought that a bowl a hoarder used to place her marbles in is worth $20,000 to $60,000? She didn't know that the bowl was made in the B.C.. Cool, huh?

I love the brothers. We'll I am talking about the hosts. The Keno brothers—Leigh and Leslie. They are so adorable. Not only that. I love them more because they are twins. It is so cute to look at these two people who look a like and have the same interests. They are awesome. They are experts on their chosen fields. I am so amazed how much knowledge they have in certain things just by looking at it. As the narrator of the show said, "they are the kings of collectibles in America." Now, that is very cool to me. Last night after we watched the show, I told my husband that I now have a new favorite TV show. What else? Buried Treasure! Love, love, love the show. Love, love, love, the twin brothers. Couldn't wait to see the next episode.

If you love old stuff, collectibles, history, Buried Treasure is a show that you must watch. Very interesting, educational, with a little mix of emotional stir. It's every Wednesday, 8/7c on Fox.
0 Responses