Feeling Like A Queen

Right after he got home from work and changed clothes, he went directly to the kitchen and made dinner. Fettucine! He garnished mine with shrimps. I'm crazy about seafood. Shrimp is my favorite of all! Dinner was delectable!

I washed the dirty dishes after dinner, cleaned the kitchen. My legs were sore and tired from standing. I was wiping the stove when I felt his arms around me. He asked, "what can I do to make you feel loved and appreciated today?" It's one of the most common questions he'd often throw at me. Isn't that so sweet? I answered, "we can watch Hell's Kitchen!"

It's one of our favorite reality TV cooking shows. He admires Gordon Ramsay. Not because of his trash talking when he's emotions are boiling inside the Hell's Kitchen studio, but because of his intense passion for food. My Adam loves the kitchen, and he's a great cook!

We watched the show on the laptop. He downloaded it yesterday morning. We missed to watch it last Tuesday night because of the not-so-good job related news.

I settled on the couch after the show ended. He took my legs, straightened each one because I sat on them. He does this everytime he sees me on that position. Folding or sitting on my legs are not good positions for a pregnant woman like me because it causes the feet to become more swollen specially on the last stage of the pregnancy.

Here he was again, asking what he can do for me. I said, my feet felt sore and tight.

He stood up, went to the bathroom and came out with basin half-full of water, 2 washcloths where the other one was soaked with baby soap. He took each of my foot, washed, and cleaned it. Cleaning was done, and the massaging came after. It was so soothing and relaxing. Made me sleepy. While he was doing this very sweet and caring gesture, I was staring at him. My heart was overwhelmed with beautiful emotions. I felt so loved and so well-taken cared of. I felt like a queen, so adored by her king.
0 Responses