Congratulations Miss Philippines -- Venus Raj


I know that extending my big "congratulations" to Venus Raj who represented the Philippines in the Miss Universe 2010 is 2 days overdue. But as the saying goes, "better late than never."

Anyway, Venus bagged the 4th place of the most prestigious beauty pageant in the world. Her answer to Mr. William Baldwin's question, created a social networking and media frenzy all over the Philippines (and maybe some parts of the world). A lot of critics said that, had she given a "smart" answer, she could have won the title.

Of the many people that should support and be happy of her achievement in the recent Miss Universe competition, many Filipinos are ashamed of her—for an answer that came from her heart. Worse, they were mocking her for it. In my Facebook account alone, a lot of my friends are using the popular words she uttered on their statuses. Instead of expressing their gratitude of making it to the Top 5, they're making her a laughingstock.  I feel sorry for these inconsiderate people. I do not think they are aware that mocking their own color and race is a mockery they imposed on themselves. Why can't people just be happy and contented of the outcome?

Well for me, I am proud of her. She did her best. She's elegant, smart, and most of all a beautiful woman inside and out.

To you Maria Venus Raj, mabuhay ka!!!
0 Responses