Fox 10: Greeting My Morning with Local News

I am a "news" person. Back in the Philippines, I always turn the TV on every morning to listen (watch) to local and national news. It's a daily habit that I missed doing after I arrived in the U.S.. We'll it's only a few months ago that I started to tune in to a TV channel to watch local news. At first, I was confused which one to choose. There's a lot of channels to choose from: ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. There were times I switched channels every now and then. But I got tired of it. I needed to stick to just one channel.

I finally decided to stick on Fox 10. My primary reason for patronizing Fox 10 is they focus on local news and events 90-95% of the entire show. Plus, their local coverage is aired up to 10 in the morning unlike other channels.

I am starting to know the hosts as well. So far, I am now familiar with Rick D'Amico, Alexis DelChiaro, Ron Hoon, Cory McCloskey, and Jayme King. I actually like Cory's style of reporting compared to Jayme. I think he's more fun, lively, and gregarious. On the other hand, I couldn't help but notice Alexis' love for "red" outfits. There were weeks that she wore more red-colored outfits than any other color. I thought, "She must love reds." Rick looks dignified—and he's funny too!

Anyway, I love the fact that Fox 10 News focuses on local events. Makes me more aware of what is happening around the Phoenix Valley. Aside from that, they feature local businesses that are pretty interesting.

It's nice to sip a hot cup of coffee while watching the NEWS. Fox 10 is already a part of my morning.
0 Responses