Goodbye Firefox; Hello Chrome

Alright, I finally decided to terminate Mozilla Firefox as my web browser and changed it to Google Chrome. I had been using Mozilla for quite sometime; almost 7 years. My ex co-worker introduced it to me back then. It was better and faster than Microsoft's Internet Explorer, so got stuck to it.

Been months now that I've been having problems with Firefox. It crashed at the middle of me doing something important. Been loading images and other apps like a turtle or it froze, forcing me to close the program. Quite annoying and frustrating. Moreover, every now and then, our virus software just popped up with a message informing me that Firefox utilized a large amount of CPU usage. Huh! That made me an unhappy user.

Hello Chrome

There's no sweat in downloading and installing Google Chrome. I was able to transfer my bookmarks from Firefox. There's an option that allows you to do it during the installation process. So, if you plan to change your web browser to Chrome, be sure to check that option so that you will not lose the important pages in your bookmark. Unfortunately, I was not able to import my passwords. On the import option, passwords were included, but, it didn't work at all.

There are various themes that you can choose from to make the boring default theme look lively. I tried some and see how it looked like. I decided to go with the simplest, neatest one—classic!

Chrome is fast indeed (compared to Firefox). It loads pages so quickly, I didn't have to wait for few seconds to get a page completely loaded. I still have to get used of having the navigation tabs (opened links) on the topmost part. It's just a matter of getting familiar to this new browser and everything will go smoothly.

If Google Chrome's usability continues to operate the way its builders promise it to be, then, I will be a Chrome user for a long, long time. Crossing my fingers.
0 Responses