Serving Vacation Bible School

My husband and I were given the privilege again to volunteer for our church's Vacation Bible School (VBS) this year. The activity was almost 3 weeks ago (June 13-17). This year he played a bigger role as the Games Director. He was the overall in-charge for the games group (except the pre-school). His responsibility was much greater compared to last year.

Meanwhile, I decided to volunteer in the pre-school crafts instead of joining my husband in games. During our meeting, after I saw that there were many volunteers for the games, I thought that I could serve more by helping the people in crafts. I was so happy with my decision because indeed I was happier to have extended my help on the task I am more passionate about. I love crafts. I love making crafts.



We encountered few problems during the first two days and was able to resolve everything until the last day of VBS. I was assigned in the Benjamin Tribe which was mainly composed of 3-year-old boys and girls. During my craft time with them, I learned lessons like what a 3 year olds can and cannot do when it comes to craft-making. I gained friendship with the children. Most of them were excited to make crafts, except for this one boy whom I had to come up with tricks first before he gets interested to make his own project. Day 1 we made angels made of paper plates, cotton balls, and googly eyes; Day 2 we made sheep made of tissue roll, cotton balls, foam and googly eyes; Day 3 was a donkey almost the same material as the sheep; Day 4 sun catchers; Day 5, stickers.
My daughter's class with amazing ladies at church.
See? We're wearing the same costume :)
Like mother, like daughter.
My little girl enjoying her time with other kids her age.
Our daughter had a great time too. She joined other kids her age and were taken cared of by fabulous ladies of whom I got to know better during the whole week. Food was amazing this year for both the volunteers and the participants. I heard that most of the food were donated (God bless the donors). Our food team were quite excellent in doing their job. Everyday, they served us really good food. My favorite was the egg fritata. A lot were so crazy about the monkey bread too. Decorations were awesome. I commend the people who were behind it.
Water Day; husband supervising kids.
Inside the gym
Time with his little girl after a tiring day.
My husband had encountered some challenges along the way. Most of it were minor injuries during the games and some volunteers in his team who needed more guidance. But overall, he did a great job in leading a team. I am so proud of him.

It was an awesome experience. This year I felt like I have helped more than last year. Aside from that, I was able to get to know more people in our church and slowly building a beautiful relationship with them. I thank my God for this amazing privilege to serve His church. To Him be the glory!
Rally time where kids sing, dance, watch puppets and drama.


The Benjamin Tribe.

Decorations with the theme "Jesus in Nazareth."


Games outside the gym. Too many kids to handle.


Last day inside the Worship Center (500+ kids)


0 Responses