Balikbayan Boxes Sent Through Forex

After being delayed for 2 months, I have finally sent my balikbayan boxes to the Philippines through Forex. The agent picked up the boxes this morning. I was able to save $10 for each box because of their promotion that ends up tomorrow. Typical price for each box is $85. Because we sent 3 boxes (2 from me and 1 from my friend Cristina), we only paid $75 for every box. Regular or jumbo box, the price is the same. I decided to choose jumbo box because it is so much bigger. However, I paid $8.00 for each box because Forex doesn't have a jumbo box.

Unfortunately, there are 3 items that I weren't able to include in the box. There's not enough space. Perhaps the next time I send balikbayan boxes to Philippines, I'd be able to find a space for what were left behind.

I found out that using Scotch strapping packaging tape is best to secure the opening of the boxes compared to an ordinary packaging tape. Strapping tape is very durable and stickier. The agent was quite impressed of the tape I used (thanks to Cristina for the strapping tip). So, if you send a balikbayan box to your loved ones in the Philippines, better use strapping tape instead of the regular packaging tape.

With Forex I'd be able to track my boxes online. I haven't tried it yet because the agent just picked it up and perhaps not in their system yet. In one week, I'll try to track it and see if it works. I am hoping and praying that the boxes will arrive safe and complete to the recipients. I heard cases where boxes were opened and stuff stolen. Crossing my fingers that this will not happen to me.

My family at home is so excited and can't wait to receive what I sent them. I'm so happy!
0 Responses