Moving Easter Sunday Service

Grace Community Church's Easter Sunday service this year was quite moving to me. Tears were racing one after the other. The emotions started to well up inside when this special group of church members, one by one, walked into the middle of the stage holding a huge, white placard with writings in it. The writings were confessions of how and what they were before they knew Jesus. Declarations were expressed in one word, at the most three words. Confessions like: fatherless to heavenly Father; fear to no fear; unloved to loved; cancer to survivor; selfish to selfless;  exhausted to refreshed; uncertain to certain; lost to found, and many more. It was done in silent gesture, but the impact in mind, heart, and soul, was so powerful. I knew that I was not only the one touched by the messages. I felt it all around me. I heard sniffles beside, on the front, on the back. It was very touching and humbling to identify myself as one of these people; the bad and sad things I went through before having a personal relationship with Jesus, and the good and joyful things I received after knowing my personal Savior.

The choir was awesome. As the presentation was done, one girl in her teens led the lead vocals and was accompanied by a group of children, probably ages 6 to 10 years of age. They sounded like heavenly angels sent from above. The song they sung and the angelic voices that came out from their mouth made the event more meaningful and strong. I felt like I was in heaven...with Jesus.

It was such an awesome service. Thank you Grace Community Church for moving my heart and the tears that I shed...from the bottom of my heart.

0 Responses