Advance Christmas Surprise for the Wife

One night my husband asked me about our Christmas gifts for each other. He said he could not think of anything to give me. Maybe because everytime he'd ask me what gift I want, most of the time I do not have a concrete answer. So he told me that maybe instead of giving each other gifts for Christmas, we can just combine our money to buy a new computer. I absolutely love the idea! I thought it's a great, practical suggestion. But, I've already purchased gifts for him. Nonetheless, I still committed to give my share to buy a new PC. Then he said, he's got a surprise for me though. And I will have it before Christmas. Made me wonder why before Christmas. Besides, I thought he's not going to buy me a gift.

My curiosity of his surprise followed us until bedtime that night. I kept bugging him about it even if he was all ready to close his eyes and travel to his dream world. I made myself sounded so pathetic telling him that he didn't love me anymore because he won't tell me—not even a clue. It made him laugh so much. I love it when he laughs like that. So, I kept making myself sound miserable. I didn't get what I wanted that night. He was so determined to keep his Christmas surprise. 

Unfolding the Surprise
On our way home after we shared dinner with our friend Jeff at the Macaroni Grill and returning stuff at Target, he asked me if I wanted my surprise. Of course I do. Who doesn't want a surprise? But it was already 10 in the evening, what could the surprise be? Perhaps he'll take us to the Mormon's Temple to see the display of Christmas lights and various decors. "Nope," he said. "Are we going to Fry's?" I asked. "How did you know we're going to Fry's?" "We're on the street on the way to Fry's," I answered. Then he complimented me of how I had been good with getting familiar with the streets around.

Indeed we stopped at Fry's. Huh? Is he going to buy a bouquet of flowers for me?

He ushered us to the customer service area. They were almost closing. When he asked the person in-charge if they're already closing, she said yes and asked him what he wanted. "I'm going to rent a Rug Doctor." (ha ha ha). "Oh my, is Rug Doctor my husband's surprise for me?" I asked myself. My guess was absolutely right. SURPRISE—RUG DOCTOR!!! Grrrrr...my husband wanted me to clean the house. What kind of Christmas surprise is that? Whatever.

So this morning, we cleaned the carpet. But guess what? The Rug Doctor was actually not the surprise. It's...


Yeah, my great, loving husband doing all the "surprise cleaning" using the Rug Doctor. Awwwww, I love my husband's advance Christmas surprise so much. It's not the material thing that counts, but the thought...the action.
0 Responses