The Egg & I

My egg cravings brought us to The Egg & I this morning for breakfast. When I told my husband last night that we will have breakfast there the next day, he said that I have to wait for a few more weeks because our special day is coming. He reminded me what I said before that we will only eat at The Egg & I on special days. But I was insistent. Besides, I will be paying the bill. :)

Indeed this morning we had our breakfast there. It looked like they are out of staff. When we arrived, no one was there to seat us, and there were 2 other people waiting. It's also strange to me that they only have men serving. And there's only two of them. Is there a strike from the female employees? I don't know. Just unusual to me. I remember there was a female server who was so bubbly. The place was so quiet without her. :)

I tried their Popeye's Frittata. It's got lean ground beef, spinach, and topped with parmesan cheese. I actually liked it with Tabasco. The heat was dancing in my mouth. As always, I loved their potatoes that came with the dish, and their raisin toast. My husband just ordered the typical breakfast food: eggs, bacon, English muffin, potatoes, and a glass of fresh orange juice that costs $3.00 (without refill).

I like The Egg & I until now. We do not go there often, but everytime we do, their food never fails to satisfy my cravings. Perhaps we'll go back there in few weeks again. We'll see.
0 Responses